HOW DOES YOUR BUSINESS CREATE QUALITY LEADS?
Business Leaders Introduction Club (FREE)
- “People buy from People”
- The Club’s purpose is to create a fun environment where well networked people can get to know / build confidence in each other before making introductions to their contacts.
Increase business opportunities for each other.
Increase personal brand and network in region.
- A “no sales” environment.
- Guests invited to share a specific topic/discussion as a one-off attendee.
- Primary focus on introduction opportunities, Secondary a sympathetic environment to discuss concerns with peers.
- Private room, informal, lively, sociable event over a meal and drinks with people you enjoy being with and a pre-agreed current/interesting theme/topic of discussion
Principles that make a successful club
Members’ Ideal Customer: CEO of Mid sized / SMB’s with a Growth / Innovation ambition.
Calendar: In person, mid week, once a quarter early evening dinner for 12 Active Networkers (People who know People), interspersed with monthly virtual video meetings.
Membership: By Invitation only – no two members offering a similar service / product. If new Member proposed that offers a similar service to an existing member (Identified on Members Map) the two will discuss to identify any conflicts.
Members: share knowledge of existing contacts (Client Company Names Only), are learners, and collaborative, bringing energy and a curiosity to our meetings.
Members’ Obligation: Share updated Client Company Names Only with Club the day prior to each meeting, to facilitate active Introductions. Membership Free, Meal bill split evenly.
Members’ Map (Club Confidential): To facilitate introductions. A list of each members clients plus a question from each member to identify whether an Introduction might be feasible.
Meeting Agenda: New member Introductions, Questions on Clients, Prospects, Review recent introductions, Event Planning Business Leaders Dinner / Top 100 Awards (Spring and Autumn).
What is an Introduction?
Introductions / Referrals broadly fall into three categories:
- One of your contacts is looking for Service / Product or Leader that can be satisfied by one of the members refer to Members Map
- One of your contacts has a business or technology issue
- A Person in your network is well connected (has a large network) and might be a suitable member for the club i.e. introduce members to potential clients in the future.
Critical Success Factors
- Collaborate, collaborate, collaborate!
- Club First – loyalty, support – Don’t involve partners that can be perceived as a competitor to another club member.
- Listen to each other’s opinions and respect them.
- Recognise each other’s strengths and play to them when we are organising events together.
- Team commitment to making it work, We do what we say we are going to do.
- Honesty, transparency, ability to have difficult conversations without causing offence.
- Everyone offers support and will take time out of their day to speak to you about their journey and ways they can help.
- Constantly look for opportunities to introduce club businesses to your clients.
- Encourage your Associate team to make introductions to other club businesses.
- Invite to each other’s Team Meetings to build familiarity with the team.
- Proud of the relationship the club have.
- Trust, banter, honesty, fun – our monthly meeting (and Dinner) is always time well spent, productive and enjoyable.
- Proud of our referral track record.
- Proud of our successful events, and events calendar that we have mapped out.
- Proud of our ability to induct new members to the team and hopefully make them feel welcome.
- Proud that we enable our Associates to get together socially (Spring and Christmas) to encourage cross club relationships.
- Proud of our ability to get the cross club Associates interacting at a new level and generate leads at Associate level.
- Challenge – Agreeing a mechanism for making sure we don’t have Club competitors or semi-competitors at events.
- Challenge – Getting Associates to gatherings when the teams are particularly busy with clients, even when at 90% capacity and highly stretched.
New BLIC Members Introduction
- WhatsApp group – Weekly Share next weeks Prospect Meetings
- WhatsApp group – Share Client Wins (each members update Client list prior to each meeting)
BLIC Event Update
Topic for Conversation (proposed on WhatsApp’s Group prior to the meeting)
Business Leaders Dinner
County / Local Top 100 Businesses
Sport Event (Golf Day)
- Knowledge share
- BLIC Members Current Challenges
- BLIC Members Biggest Success
- Hot Seat – BLIC Member Shares issue for group to help resolve. First 20 minutes can only ask questions. Concludes with BLIC Member stating what they will do following all members advice.
- Economy Update Impact relevant to current events
- Tax Saving Suggestions
Hertfordshire (St Albans) – (http://chezmumtaj.com/private_dining.html)
Cambridgeshire (Cambridge) – ( https://www.madingleyhall.co.uk/)
Essex (Chelmsford)- (https://galvinrestaurants.com/room/private-dining-the-adnams-room-galvin-green-man/)
Buckinghamshire (Milton Keynes) – (https://www.horwoodhouse.co.uk/)
Coming – Register Interest
East London (ilford)
North London (Enfield)
Buckinghamshire (Aylesbury / High Wycombe)
Virtual Meeting Option – Comi