Global IT Director / CIO / CTO
An innovative and dynamic International IT Director / CIO / CTO with a proven and verifiable track record of delivering business change and transformation across a range of FORTUNE 500 and FTSE 250 organisations. A determined, pragmatic and decisive leadership professional, well versed at delivering challenging change objectives in diverse, multi-disciplinary environments. Highly adept at evaluating, prioritising and addressing technology related business issues and devising then implementing strategic solutions that deliver bottom line results.
Overall a Senior VP/Director with excellent communication / negotiation and stakeholder engagement skills to board level. Adept at leading, managing and motivating high performance teams to collectively embrace and champion common business goals.
NED – Information Technology – Certain Security Nov 2005 – Present
NED – Information Technology – Guild of Travel and Tourism Feb 2004 – Aug 2016
Sedex Solutions – CIO (Global) Interim Jul 2016 – Oct 2016
Develop, deliver, support and maintain a Google Cloud based SaaS solution for the global sustainable supply chain market. Ensure validation and integrity of data entered into and within the Sedex system. Provide profitable delivery and operation of “white label” products and services. Own the technical road-map associated with the product suite and service offerings. Establish, implement and operate a cross company PMO governance structure. Improve and deliver membership training.
Establishing the role of a new board position, reporting directly to the CEO. Providing a SaaS solution road map that removed the technical debt and reduced the operating costs. Expand the support model to provide 24x365 cover. Introduce PMO governance in a hybrid Waterfall and Agile environment. Improve training delivery and quality to exceed membership expectations.
· Engaged product teams and member forums to understand their challenges then define the SaaS roadmap and prioritise development activities of third party off-shore teams.
· Defined platform and SaaS Architecture proving clear direction for all teams.
· Led, organised, coached all teams to ensure a high level of motivation, coordination and professionalism.
· Led all Projects and introduced PMO governance for all projects across the business.
· Introduced ITIL best practices including CAB Governance for code promotions between environments and Reporting for P1 incidents to ensure Lessons Learnt are acted upon.
· Migrated development teams to calendar month production deployment sprints from pure development sprints.
· Digital Transformation of internal system to reduce administrative over and ensuring consist information across all systems (Microsoft Office 365 E5 with Cloud Calling, Salesforce, Finance Force, Windows 10 and SharePoint Online) collaboration between all international offices.
· Outsourced Level 2 support to improve SaaS availability and reduce reaction times to reported issues.
· Enabled 24x265 support (follow the sun) of technical and non technical issues with a cloud based call centre and O365.
· Recruited key positions to enhance Sedex’s ability to delivery on the business strategy.
· Introduced a project reporting structure to keep all stakeholders informed of progress on a regular basis, provided project portfolio dashboard to ensure Leadership team had a clear picture of all active projects.
· Constructed a Budget plan to turn the training team from a cost centre to a profit centre.
· Led, organised, coached all teams to ensure a high level of motivation, coordination and professionalism – include third party off-shore teams
· Managed data properly to validate at point of entry and improve integrity within the system as well as the availably by passing all external security audits.
· Distilled corporate goals to specific IT Strategy, individual SMART objectives, building an effective, customer focussed team.
BRE Group – IT Director (Global) Jan 2014 – May 2016
Defining strategic operational and technical plans to significantly improve the environments for internal IT (800 seats across multiple UK / Global sites) and worldwide B2B retail customers of omni-channel products and services, while aligning and motivating an eclectic group of 18 long serving Engineers & Analysts as well as partners to a Customer Focused mentality.
· Praised by the CEO & COO separately for transformational leadership in developing a Customer Focused team and using technology as a catalyst for business transformation (https://uk.linkedin.com/in/simonlascelles).
· Improved IT service, replaced bespoke with COTS systems, saving 20% on Opex budget and reducing suppliers from 51 to 12.
· Implemented Microsoft Dynamics xRM with business stakeholders as advocates driving acceptance across all global locations.
· Defined and implement IT SLA’s with KPI’s to drive IT efficiencies and identify areas for improvement.
· Led the technical integration of M&A to extend BRE global service offering and presence within no down time or disruption.
· Bred acceptance of IT as a business enabler through effective communications, monthly company briefings, team presentations, live “Art of the Possible” demonstrations and one to one training sessions with key stakeholders.
· Defined companywide governance frameworks including Information Security to enable ISO 27001 Compliance as well as project processes and procedures (PRINCE II & Agile).
· Drove DR improvements, adoption of Hyper Converged Server and Storage architecture (Simplivity), resilient DC’s, Virtualisation of 140+ Servers (DMZ and Internal), VMWare / Hyper V migration, diverse WAN (MPLS), PoE and Single Mode FO LAN, Wi-Fi and Firewalls, through a weighted score card tender process.
· Introduced Business Collaboration with technology improvements as a catalyst, Creston Lync Room System, LifeSize (VC) Video Conferencing, Reservation Less Audio conferencing and Microsoft Skype for Business for Web Conferencing, Presence Awareness, Person-to-Person Video Conferencing as well as LifeSize integration.
REMS International – Global Technology Director Sept 2001 – Dec 2013
· Delivering Technology Transformational Change to Small. Medium and Large Organisations.
· Retail - ISG Technology - Defined tactical and strategic technical vision / direction for Ede & Ravenscroft.
· Telco - Liberty Global (owns Virgin Media) - Led IPv6 DSLite B2C deployment with 17 direct reports, in 14 Countries. Devised and implemented programme structure (PMO), governance and reporting that bread cohesion and trust between all countries.
· Petro Chemical - T Systems (Shell Account) – Delivered ISO27001, PCI and Data Protection Compliance.
· Manufacturing – Kraft - Reprogrammed PLC to more efficiently control packing line.
· B2B - SDIT - Personally requested by Sales & Marketing Director to establish new professional service delivery team.
· Retail / FMCG - Logicalis (Marks and Spencer) - Recovered badly delayed business critical infrastructure programmes. Praised by M&S CIO for complaint free deployment to HO locations.
· B2B SaaS - Hubwoo - Personally requested by VP of Operations to provide independent and objective analysis of strategy.
· Petro Chemical - Petro Canada - Established governance (PMO) of all I&O IS projects (Ca$58m), mentored 33 PM’s. Praised by Petro Canada CFO for easy manner, relaxed presentation style, audience participation and interactive session.
· Construction - Mouchel -. Led VoIP deployment to all UK offices.
· Telco - HomeChoice (Tiscali) – Led FMPF VoIP B2C product definition and National Network Rollout.
· Local Government - Consilium – Led introduction of move from on Premise to SaaS software delivery, migrated 11 Councils to SaaS, generated revenue in excess of £1m pa.
· Leisure - Be@ch - Developed company proposition for innovative business executive and business traveller venue chain.
· Telco - 186k, 3Com, ADC, Alcatel, Geo, Helio (HTN), Jersey Telecom, Lucent, MCI WorldCom, Nokia, T-Mobile, Tele2, Unitel
· Financial - Reuters (Instinet) - Developed environment management solution.
· ISG won Ede & Ravenscroft outsource IT contract.
· Keynote speeches at ECI user conference in Rome and “Technical Direction” lecture at Cloud Expo Europe in 2015.
· Drove implementation of best practices for Systems Management and Operational Readiness of a CDN (Content Delivery Network) for Mobile apps delivering VoD and Live Streaming content.
· Recovered and delivered Global Data Centre, Storage, IT Hosting, Cloud (SaaS) deployment of Interactive VoD Services projects.
REMS - Technology Lecturer / Instructor Jan 1999 – Sep 2001
· Persuaded Nokia Engineers to design IPv6 networks for all their Next Generation and 3G deployments.
· First 3Com MCS qualified trainer in Europe, instructing NATO.
· Developed and delivered Lucent LCP VPN Course, Learning Tree VoIP Instructor, Philips Group IPv6 and Mobile IP Instructor.
· Developed and delivered networking fundamentals courses for Jersey Telecom & MoD.
T Mobile - Technical Manager Sep 1993 – Dec 1998
· Took significantly greater responsibility to provide a solution to an unknown problem saving £2m pa.
· Delivered key note speech at ECI user conference in
European Space Agency - Network Programme Manager Sep 1992 – Sep 1993
· Deployed one of the first large AppleTalk networks in Europe required by scientific community.
Ford Motor Company - Project Manager Oct 1990 – Sep 1992
· Saved £3m pa through infrastructure rationalisation necessary for Fords long term survival.
NatWest - Audit Project Manager Oct 1988 - Oct 1990
Qualifications, Affiliations and Training
· BEng Electronic Systems & Control Engineering degree, IoD Member since 2000.
· SC Security Clearance, MSP & PRINCE II Certified, PMI & ITILv3 aware.
· Participates and coaches all sports, obtaining Senior RFU and RFL
· RoSPA Advanced driver.